Pages

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

First Day of Kindergarten....Here I Come!!

Tomorrow is the first official day of the school year!  For me, this time of year is bittersweet....it is sad to see summer go, but I'm excited to meet a new group of students and begin a new school year!  

Below is my "First Day of Kindergarten" sign that I have each child hold up while I take their picture.  I have them stand in front of a measurement poster that I got from Lakeshore Learning to show how tall they are.  At the end of the year, I take another picture of them in front of the poster.  I like showing this to parents.  It is amazing to see how much they have grown!  My students last year grew 1 foot!!


I also made bags with materials for new students that I may get this year.  Every year I tell myself to do this, but I never do.  Then, I am sorry later when I am trying to think of all the materials I need for the new student.  I know I will be thankful I did this!!


How is your year going so far?  Have you started school yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment