Pages

Monday, January 26, 2015

Fishing For Sight Words!

My students love "fishing" for sight words!  They have so much fun reading the sight words on the fish and catching them with their fishing rod.  This activity creates an interactive literacy center and can be used again and again with different words!  Here is how I use it in my classroom:

I tie a piece of yarn to a wooden block.  I attach a magnet to the yarn.



Attached to each fish is a paperclip.




The fish are placed in the fishing lake and the students place their caught fish in the fishing jar.



I place about 20 sight words that we have learned in the lake at a time.




My students have so much fun using the rod to pick up the fish.  I also have them count the fish/sight words they caught!




If you would like to use this center in your classroom, you can find it in my TPT store here: Fishing for Sight Words!

No comments:

Post a Comment