Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Comparing Books with Gingerbread!

Happy 2015!  I hope you enjoyed your winter break and had a great holiday!  I wanted to share this anchor chart we made before break. The gingerbread unit I taught is my favorite to teach!  There are so many rich gingerbread literature that my students LOVE!  It is a great unit to identify story elements and compare and contrast stories.


We focused on three stories: "The Gingerbread Boy," "The Gingerbread Girl" (my favorite!), and "The Gingerbread Cowboy."  We analyzed the main character, setting, problem, solution, and how each story ended.  Above the anchor chart you can see the cute gingerbread boys/girls my students made!  They used shapes to make their gingerbread and recorded how many of each shape they used!  This was a fun unit that my students really enjoyed!  They were very engaged in each story and couldn't wait to find out how each story ended!

What are your favorite gingerbread books to read?

No comments:

Post a Comment