Pages

Friday, December 19, 2014

Sight Word Mini-Books

As a kindergarten teacher, I am always trying to think of new ways to have my students practice and interact with sight words.  As we all know, the more they see them, the faster they will learn them.  I made sight word mini-books to help my students learn their sight words in a fun way.


For each sight word, they have to stamp it, write it using rainbow colors, and highlight it in a sentence.  They also have to use their decoding skills to read the sentence on each page. 


My students enjoy doing these during centers!  I can choose how many words I want to include in each book.  However, I have found that having my students work on 5 words at a time works for them!


If you would like to use these books, check them out here: Kindergarten Sight Word Mini-Books

No comments:

Post a Comment